domingo, 19 de febrero de 2012

Seguir respirando

De la pelicula Cast Away: 

I knew I had lost her then because I was never going to get off that Island. I  was going to die there. Totally alone. I was sick, scared, injured. The only choice I had - the only thing I controlled - was when, and how, and where it was going to happen...


So...I made a rope and went up to the summit  to hang myself.

I had to test it you know...of course, you know me...and the weight... of the log... snapped... the limb of the tree....So I couldn't even kill myself the way I wanted to. I had power over nothing.



That's when this feeling came over me - like a warm blanket.

I knew, somehow, I had to stay alive. Somehow I had to keep breathing... Even though there was no reason to hope...And all my logic said that I would never see this place again.

So that’s what I did... I stayed alive. I kept breathing...

And one day that logic was proved all wrong, because the tide came in and gave me a sail.
And now here I am. Back in Memphis. Talking to you. I have ice in my Glass...!!! 



And I have lost her all over again...I am so sad that I don’t have Kelly. but I am so grateful that she was not with me on that island.



And I know what I have to do now... I have to keep breathing... Because toworrow the sun will rise...Who knows what the Tide could bring...



2 comentarios: